Many couples have a fascination for destination weddings. A wedding far away from home seems hugely appealing to many couples due to the following reasons:
- Some couples always have the secret desire to have their wedding ceremony in a beautiful and idyllic vacation spot. A destination wedding promises exotic locales and a beautiful ambiance.
- Some couples have families who are scattered all around the world. So, they plan to choose a spot which would be suitable for everyone. Thus, they plan a destination wedding.
- Some couples are not too fond of traditional hotels and big reception halls as most of the weddings are scheduled there. They prefer something unique and beautiful. Thus, destination wedding seems to be the perfect option for them.
- Some couples do not like to invite too many guests and want to keep the marriage ceremony a private affair. For such couples, destination weddings are the perfect choice.
However, there are some important things that must be considered when you are planning a destination wedding. Although a destination wedding sounds extremely romantic, it needs to be planned out well or else it would be a disaster. Here are few things that you must keep in mind:
- You must start your planning as early as possible. You need to investigate properly about the location that you have chosen for your wedding especially the means to reach there. Also in the case of destination wedding, you need to invite your guests much earlier.
- It is also very essential to stick to your budget when you are planning a destination wedding. You must keep an upper limit which you should not cross by any means. You can do the bookings online as that would save some amount of your money.
- You must also communicate with your guests properly. You should talk to your guests about the itinerary of the event, what they should pack etc.
It is very important to give special care and warmth to your guests in a destination wedding. Your guests are travelling a long distance to be present on your big day and so they deserve some special care. Here are some of the ways through which you can make your guests feel special:
- You can keep a welcome basket for every guest. It can contain things like a map, a list of attractions, snacks, spa vouchers etc.
- Schedule some fun activities if the place you chose for your wedding is great for kayaking or hiking.
There are plenty of destinations where you can have your big day. Make sure the planning is right and you will be able to enjoy a lot.